FileExporter beta feature[sunting]
A new beta feature will soon be released on all wikis: The FileExporter. It allows exports of files from a local wiki to Wikimedia Commons, including their file history and page history. Which files can be exported is defined by each wiki's community: Please check your wiki's configuration file if you want to use this feature.
The FileExporter has already been a beta feature on mediawiki.org, meta.wikimedia, deWP, faWP, arWP, koWP and on wikisource.org. After some functionality was added, it's now becoming a beta feature on all wikis. Deployment is planned for January 16. More information can be found on the project page.
As always, feedback is highly appreciated. If you want to test the FileExporter, please activate it in your user preferences. The best place for feedback is the central talk page. Thank you from Wikimedia Deutschland's Technical Wishes project.
Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 14 Januari 2019 09.41 (UTC)
No editing for 30 minutes on 17 January[sunting]
You will not be able to edit
the wikis for up to 30 minutes on 17 January 07:00 UTC
. This is because of a database problem that has to be fixed immediately. You can still read the wikis. Some wikis are not affected. They don't get this message. You can see which wikis are not
affected on this page
. Most wikis are affected. The time you can not edit might be shorter than 30 minutes. /Johan (WMF)
MediaWiki message delivery (bicara) 16 Januari 2019 18.44 (UTC)
Talk to us about talking[sunting]
The Wikimedia Foundation is planning a global consultation about communication. The goal is to bring Wikimedians and wiki-minded people together to improve tools for communication.
We want all contributors to be able to talk to each other on the wikis, whatever their experience, their skills or their devices.
We are looking for input from as many different parts of the Wikimedia community as possible. It will come from multiple projects, in multiple languages, and with multiple perspectives.
We are currently planning the consultation. We need your help.
We need volunteers to help talk to their communities or user groups.
You can help by hosting a discussion at your wiki. Here's what to do:
- First, sign up your group here.
- Next, create a page (or a section on a Village pump, or an e-mail thread – whatever is natural for your group) to collect information from other people in your group. This is not a vote or decision-making discussion: we are just collecting feedback.
- Then ask people what they think about communication processes. We want to hear stories and other information about how people communicate with each other on and off wiki. Please consider asking these five questions:
- When you want to discuss a topic with your community, what tools work for you, and what problems block you?
- What about talk pages works for newcomers, and what blocks them?
- What do others struggle with in your community about talk pages?
- What do you wish you could do on talk pages, but can't due to the technical limitations?
- What are the important aspects of a "wiki discussion"?
- Finally, please go to Talk pages consultation 2019 on Mediawiki.org and report what you learned from your group. Please include links if the discussion is available to the public.
You can also help build the list of the many different ways people talk to each other.
Not all groups active on wikis or around wikis use the same way to discuss things: it can happen on wiki, on social networks, through external tools... Tell us how your group communicates.
You can read more about the overall process on mediawiki.org. If you have questions or ideas, you can leave feedback about the consultation process in the language you prefer.
Thank you! We're looking forward to talking with you.
Trizek (WMF) 21 Februari 2019 15.01 (UTC)
Read-only mode for up to 30 minutes on 11 April[sunting]
8 April 2019 10.56 (UTC)
Wikimedia Foundation Medium-Term Plan feedback request[sunting]
Please help translate to your language
The Wikimedia Foundation has published a Medium-Term Plan proposal
covering the next 3–5 years. We want your feedback! Please leave all comments and questions, in any language, on the talk page
, by April 20. Terima kasih! Quiddity (WMF)
) 12 April 2019 17.35 (UTC)
Editing News #1—July 2019[sunting]
Read this in another language • Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter
Did you know?
Did you know that you can use the visual editor on a mobile device?
Every article has a pencil icon at the top. Tap on the pencil icon to start editing.
This is what the new Edit Cards for editing links in the mobile visual editor look like. You can try the prototype here: 📲 Try Edit Cards.
Welcome back to the Editing newsletter.
Since the last newsletter, the team has released two new features for the mobile visual editor and has started developing three more. All of this work is part of the team's goal to make editing on mobile web simpler.
Before talking about the team's recent releases, we have a question for you:
Are you willing to try a new way to add and change links?
If you are interested, we would value your input! You can try this new link tool in the mobile visual editor on a separate wiki.
Follow these instructions and share your experience:
📲 Try Edit Cards.
The mobile visual editor is a simpler editing tool, for smartphones and tablets using the mobile site. The Editing team recently launched two new features to improve the mobile visual editor:
- Section editing
- The purpose is to help contributors focus on their edits.
- The team studied this with an A/B test. This test showed that contributors who could use section editing were 1% more likely to publish the edits they started than people with only full-page editing.
- Loading overlay
- The purpose is to smooth the transition between reading and editing.
Section editing and the new loading overlay are now available to everyone using the mobile visual editor.
New and active projects[sunting]
This is a list of our most active projects. Watch these pages to learn about project updates and to share your input on new designs, prototypes and research findings.
- Edit cards: This is a clearer way to add and edit links, citations, images, templates, etc. in articles. You can try this feature now. Go here to see how: 📲 Try Edit Cards.
- Mobile toolbar refresh: This project will learn if contributors are more successful when the editing tools are easier to recognize.
- Mobile visual editor availability: This A/B test asks: Are newer contributors more successful if they use the mobile visual editor? We are collaborating with 20 Wikipedias to answer this question.
- Usability improvements: This project will make the mobile visual editor easier to use. The goal is to let contributors stay focused on editing and to feel more confident in the editing tools.
- Wikimania: Several members of the Editing Team will be attending Wikimania in August 2019. They will lead a session about mobile editing in the Community Growth space. Talk to the team about how editing can be improved.
- Talk Pages: In the coming months, the Editing Team will begin improving talk pages and communication on the wikis.
The VisualEditor on mobile is a good place to learn more about the projects we are working on. The team wants to talk with you about anything related to editing. If you have something to say or ask, please leave a message at Talk:VisualEditor on mobile.
PPelberg (WMF) (talk) & Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk)
23 Juli 2019 18.32 (UTC)
Update on the consultation about office actions[sunting]
Last month, the Wikimedia Foundation's Trust & Safety team announced a future consultation about partial and/or temporary office actions. We want to let you know that the draft version of this consultation has now been posted on Meta.
This is a draft. It is not intended to be the consultation itself, which will be posted on Meta likely in early September. Please do not treat this draft as a consultation. Instead, we ask your assistance in forming the final language for the consultation.
For that end, we would like your input over the next couple of weeks about what questions the consultation should ask about partial and temporary Foundation office action bans and how it should be formatted. Please post it on the draft talk page. Our goal is to provide space for the community to discuss all the aspects of these office actions that need to be discussed, and we want to ensure with your feedback that the consultation is presented in the best way to encourage frank and constructive conversation.
Please visit the consultation draft on Meta-wiki and leave your comments on the draft’s talk page about what the consultation should look like and what questions it should ask.
Thank you for your input! -- The Trust & Safety team 16 Agustus 2019 08.03 (UTC)
New tools and IP masking[sunting]
The Wikimedia Foundation wants to work on two things that affect how we patrol changes and handle vandalism and harassment. We want to make the tools that are used to handle bad edits better. We also want to get better privacy for unregistered users so their IP addresses are no longer shown to everyone in the world. We would not hide IP addresses until we have better tools for patrolling.
We have an idea of what tools could be working better and how a more limited access to IP addresses would change things, but we need to hear from more wikis. You can read more about the project on Meta and post comments and feedback. Now is when we need to hear from you to be able to give you better tools to handle vandalism, spam and harassment.
You can post in your language if you can't write in English.
21 Agustus 2019 14.18 (UTC)
The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just started[sunting]
In a recent statement, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees requested that staff hold a consultation to "re-evaluat[e] or add community input to the two new office action policy tools (temporary and partial Foundation bans)".
Accordingly, the Foundation's Trust & Safety team invites all Wikimedians to join this consultation and give their feedback from 30 September to 30 October.
How can you help?
- Suggest how partial and temporary Foundation bans should be used, if they should (eg: On all projects, or only on a subset);
- Give ideas about how partial and temporary Foundation bans should ideally implemented, if they should be; and/or
- Propose changes to the existing Office Actions policy on partial and temporary bans.
We offer our thanks in advance for your contributions, and we hope to get as much input as possible from community members during this consultation!
-- Kbrown (WMF) 30 September 2019 17.14 (UTC)
Feedback wanted on Desktop Improvements project[sunting]
Please help translate to your language
Hello. The Readers Web team at the WMF will work on some improvements to the desktop interface over the next couple of years. The goal is to increase usability without removing any functionality. We have been inspired by changes made by volunteers, but that currently only exist as local gadgets and user scripts, prototypes, and volunteer-led skins. We would like to begin the process of bringing some of these changes into the default experience on all Wikimedia projects.
We are currently in the research stage of this project and are looking for ideas for improvements, as well as feedback on our current ideas and mockups. So far, we have performed interviews with community members at Wikimania. We have gathered lists of previous volunteer and WMF work in this area. We are examining possible technical approaches for such changes.
We would like individual feedback on the following:
- Identifying focus areas for the project we have not yet discovered
- Expanding the list of existing gadgets and user scripts that are related to providing a better desktop experience. If you can think of some of these from your wiki, please let us know
- Feedback on the ideas and mockups we have collected so far
We would also like to gather a list of wikis that would be interested in being test wikis for this project - these wikis would be the first to receive the updates once we’re ready to start building.
When giving feedback, please consider the following goals of the project:
- Make it easier for readers to focus on the content
- Provide easier access to everyday actions (e.g. search, language switching, editing)
- Put things in logical and useful places
- Increase consistency in the interface with other platforms - mobile web and the apps
- Eliminate clutter
- Plan for future growth
As well as the following constraints:
- Not touching the content - no work will be done in terms of styling templates or to the structure of page contents themselves
- Not removing any functionality - things might move around, but all navigational items and other functionality currently available by default will remain
- No drastic changes to the layout - we're taking an evolutionary approach to the changes and want the site to continue feeling familiar to readers and editors
Please give all feedback (in any language) at mw:Talk:Reading/Web/Desktop Improvements
After this round of feedback, we plan on building a prototype of suggested changes based on the feedback we receive. You’ll hear from us again asking for feedback on this prototype.
Terima kasih! Quiddity (WMF) (talk)
16 Oktober 2019 07.15 (UTC)
Editing News #2 – Mobile editing and talk pages[sunting]
Read this in another language • Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter
Inside this newsletter, the Editing team talks about their work on the mobile visual editor, on the new talk pages project, and at Wikimania 2019.
What talk page interactions do you remember? Is it a story about how someone helped you to learn something new? Is it a story about how someone helped you get involved in a group? Something else? Whatever your story is, we want to hear it!
Please tell us a story about how you used a talk page. Please share a link to a memorable discussion, or describe it on the talk page for this project. The team wants your examples. These examples will help everyone develop a shared understanding of what this project should support and encourage.
Talk pages project[sunting]
The Talk Pages Consultation was a global consultation to define better tools for wiki communication. From February through June 2019, more than 500 volunteers on 20 wikis, across 15 languages and multiple projects, came together with members of the Foundation to create a product direction for a set of discussion tools. The Phase 2 Report of the Talk Page Consultation was published in August. It summarizes the product direction the team has started to work on, which you can read more about here: Talk Page Project project page.
The team needs and wants your help at this early stage. They are starting to develop the first idea. Please add your name to the "Getting involved" section of the project page, if you would like to hear about opportunities to participate.
Mobile visual editor[sunting]
The Editing team is trying to make it simpler to edit on mobile devices. The team is changing the visual editor on mobile. If you have something to say about editing on a mobile device, please leave a message at Talk:VisualEditor on mobile.
What happens when you click on a link. The new Edit Card is bigger and has more options for editing links.
- In September, the Editing team updated the mobile visual editor's editing toolbar. Anyone could see these changes in the mobile visual editor.
- One toolbar: All of the editing tools are located in one toolbar. Previously, the toolbar changed when you clicked on different things.
- New navigation: The buttons for moving forward and backward in the edit flow have changed.
- Seamless switching: an improved workflow for switching between the visual and wikitext modes.
- Feedback: You can try the refreshed toolbar by opening the mobile VisualEditor on a smartphone. Please post your feedback on the Toolbar feedback talk page.
The Editing Team attended Wikimania 2019 in Sweden. They led a session on the mobile visual editor and a session on the new talk pages project. They tested two new features in the mobile visual editor with contributors. You can read more about what the team did and learned in the team's report on Wikimania 2019.
- Talk Pages Project: The team is thinking about the first set of proposed changes. The team will be working with a few communities to pilot those changes. The best way to stay informed is by adding your username to the list on the project page: Getting involved.
- Testing the mobile visual editor as the default: The Editing team plans to post results before the end of the calendar year. The best way to stay informed is by adding the project page to your watchlist: VisualEditor as mobile default project page.
- Measuring the impact of Edit Cards: This study asks whether the project helped editors add links and citations. The Editing team hopes to share results in November. The best way to stay informed is by adding the project page to your watchlist: Edit Cards project page.
– PPelberg (WMF) (talk) & Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk)
29 Oktober 2019 11.12 (UTC)
Survei Harapan Komunitas 2020 telah dibuka! Survei ini adalah proses dimana komunitas akan memutuskan apa yang tim Teknis Komunitas harus kerjakan pada tahun depan. Kami mendorong semua orang untuk mengirimkan proposal hingga batas waktu berakhir pada 11 November, atau mengomentari proposal lain untuk membantu membuatnya menjadi lebih baik.
Tahun ini, kami secara eksklusif berfokus pada proyek-proyek kecil (seperti Wikibooks, Wiktionary, Wikiquote, Wikisource, Wikiversity, Wikispecies, Wikivoyage, dan Wikinews). Kami ingin membantu proyek-proyek ini dan memberikan perbaikan yang signifikan bagi berbagai komunitas. Jika Anda adalah anggota dari salah satu proyek ini, silakan ikuti survei ini! Untuk mengirim proposal, lihat pedoman di halaman survei. Anda dapat menulis proposal dalam bahasa apa pun, dan kami akan menerjemahkannya untuk Anda. Kami tak sabar ingnin melihat proposal Anda! Terima kasih.
IFried (WMF) 4 November 2019 19.30 (UTC)
Wiki Loves Folklore[sunting]
Wiki Loves Love is back again in 2020 iteration as Wiki Loves Folklore from 1 February, 2020 - 29 February, 2020. Join us to celebrate the local cultural heritage of your region with the theme of folklore in the international photography contest at Wikimedia Commons. Images, videos and audios representing different forms of folk cultures and new forms of heritage that haven’t otherwise been documented so far are welcome submissions in Wiki Loves Folklore. Learn more about the contest at Meta-Wiki and Commons.
Wiki Loves Folklore International Team
— Tulsi Bhagat (contribs | talk)
sent using MediaWiki message delivery (bicara) 18 Januari 2020 06.14 (UTC)
Movement Learning and Leadership Development Project[sunting]
The Wikimedia Foundation’s Community Development team is seeking to learn more about the way volunteers learn and develop into the many different roles that exist in the movement. Our goal is to build a movement informed framework that provides shared clarity and outlines accessible pathways on how to grow and develop skills within the movement. To this end, we are looking to speak with you, our community to learn about your journey as a Wikimedia volunteer. Whether you joined yesterday or have been here from the very start, we want to hear about the many ways volunteers join and contribute to our movement.
To learn more about the project, please visit the Meta page. If you are interested in participating in the project, please complete this simple Google form. Although we may not be able to speak to everyone who expresses interest, we encourage you to complete this short form if you are interested in participating!
-- LMiranda (WMF) (talk) 22 Januari 2020 19.01 (UTC)
Pemungutan suara untuk pengurus![sunting]
Saya telah membuat halaman pemungutan suara karena saya bermaksud menjadi administrator di Wikiquote Indonesia. Mohon baca deskripsi dan berikan suara, Ini dia!
Selamat mengedit! Dibbydib (bicara) 4 Juni 2020 07.32 (UTC)
Editing news 2020 #2[sunting]
Read this in another language • Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter
This issue of the Editing newsletter includes information the Talk pages project, an effort to help contributors communicate on wiki more easily.
- Reply tool: This is available as a Beta Feature at the four partner wikis (Arabic, Dutch, French, and Hungarian Wikipedias). The Beta Feature is called "Discussion tools". The Beta Feature will get new features soon. The new features include writing comments in a new visual editing mode and pinging other users by typing
@. You can test the new features on the Beta Cluster now. Some other wikis will have a chance to try the Beta Feature in the coming months.
- New requirements for user signatures: Soon, users will not be able to save invalid custom signatures in Special:Preferences. This will reduce signature spoofing, prevent page corruption, and make new talk page tools more reliable. Most editors will not be affected.
- New discussion tool: The Editing team is beginning work on a simpler process for starting new discussions. You can see the initial design on the project page.
- Research on the use of talk pages: The Editing team worked with the Wikimedia research team to study how talk pages help editors improve articles. We learned that new editors who use talk pages make more edits to the main namespace than new editors who don't use talk pages.
– Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk)
17 Juni 2020 20.36 (UTC)
Feedback on movement names[sunting]
Hello. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Please help translate to your language if necessary. Terima kasih!
There are a lot of conversations happening about the future of our movement names. We hope that you are part of these discussions and that your community is represented.
Since 16 June, the Foundation Brand Team has been running a survey in 7 languages about 3 naming options. There are also community members sharing concerns about renaming in a Community Open Letter.
Our goal in this call for feedback is to hear from across the community, so we encourage you to participate in the survey, the open letter, or both. The survey will go through 7 July in all timezones. Input from the survey and discussions will be analyzed and published on Meta-Wiki.
Thanks for thinking about the future of the movement, --The Brand Project team, 2 Juli 2020 19.39 (UTC)
Note: The survey is conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement.
Editing news 2020 #3[sunting]
Berita Editing 2020 #3[sunting]
Baca ini dalam bahasa lain • Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter
Lebih dari 50 juta suntingan
telah dilakukan dengan menggunakan visual editor di desktop.
Tujuh tahun yang lalu pada bulan yang sama, Tim penyuntingan menawarkan visual editor kepada sebagian besar penyunting Wikipedia. Sejak saat itu, penyunting telah meraih banyak tonggak prestasi:
- Lebih dari 50 juta suntingan telah dilakukan dengan menggunakan visual editor di desktop.
- Lebih dari 2 juta artikel baru dibuat dengan editor visual. Lebih dari 600.000 artikel di antaranya dibuat selama tahun 2019.
- Editor visual menjadi populer. Proporsi dari seluruh suntingan yang dibuat dengan menggunakan editor visual bertambah setiap tahun sejak pertama kali diperkenalkan.
- Pada tahun 2019, 35% suntingan dibuat oleh pengguna baru (editor yang masuk log dengan ≤ 99 suntingan) menggunakan editor visual. Persentasenya bertambah setiap tahun.
- Hampir 5 juta suntingan dilakukan di tampilan seluler dibuat dengan menggunakan editor visual. Sebagian besar di antaranya dibuat sejak tim Editing mulai memperbarui editor visual ponsel pada tahun 2018.
- Pada 17 November 2019, suntingan pertama dari luar angkasa dibuat dengan menggunakan editor visual ponsel. 🚀 👩🚀
- Penyunting Wikipedia telah membuat lebih dari 7 juta suntingan dengan menggunakan editor tekswiki, termasuk memulai 600.000 artikel baru dengan menggunakannya. Editor tekswiki 2017 merupakan mode tekswiki yang dibawa langsung oleh VisualEditor. Anda dapat mengaktifkannya sesuai preferensi.
Whatamidoing (WMF) (pembicaraan)
9 Juli 2020 12.55 (UTC)
Announcing a new wiki project! Welcome, Abstract Wikipedia[sunting]
Mengumumkan proyek wiki baru! Selamat datang, Wikipedia Abstrak[sunting]
Dengan bangga saya memperkenalkan Wikipedia Abstrak, sebuah proyek baru yang mendapat dukungan penuh oleh Dewan Pengawas Wikimedia Foundation. Wikipedia Abstrak mengusulkan cara baru menghasilkan konten dasar ensiklopedia dalam gaya multibahasa, yang dapat membuat kontributor dan pembaca berbagi lebih banyak pengetahuan dalam banyak bahasa. Ini adalah pendekatan yang bertujuan untuk membuat kerja sama lintas bahasa lebih mudah di proyek-proyek kita, meningkatkan keberlanjutan gerakan kita dengan memperluas akses terhadap partisipasi, peningkatan pengalaman pengguna bagi pembaca semua bahasa, dan berinovasi dalam pengetahuan gratis dengan menghubungkan beberapa kekuatan gerakan kita untuk menciptakan sesuatu yang baru.
This is our first new project in over seven years. Abstract Wikipedia was submitted as a project proposal by Denny Vrandečić in May 2020  after years of preparation and research, leading to a detailed plan and lively discussions in the Wikimedia communities. We know that the energy and the creativity of the community often runs up against language barriers, and information that is available in one language may not make it to other language Wikipedias. Wikipedia Abstrak bermaksud untuk terlihat dan terasa seperti Wikipedia, tetapi membangun model konseptual Wikidata yang kuat dan mandiri dalam bahasa, dengan tujuan membiarkan sukarelawan membuat dan memelihara artikel Wikipedia di seluruh dunia poliglot Wikimedia.
Proyek ini akan memungkinkan sukarelawan untuk mengumpulkan artikel dasar menggunakan kata-kata dan entitas dari Wikidata. Karena Wikidata menggunakan model konseptual yang dimaksudkan untuk bersifat universal lintas bahasa, harus dimungkinkan untuk menggunakan dan memperluas blok bangunan pengetahuan ini untuk membuat model untuk artikel yang juga memiliki nilai universal. Dengan menggunakan kode, sukarelawan dapat menerjemahkan "artikel" abstrak ini ke dalam bahasa mereka sendiri. Jika berhasil, pada akhirnya ini dapat memungkinkan semua orang untuk membaca tentang topik apa pun di Wikidata dalam bahasa mereka sendiri.
As you can imagine, this work will require a lot of software development, and a lot of cooperation among Wikimedians. In order to make this effort possible, Denny will join the Foundation as a staff member in July and lead this initiative. You may know Denny as the creator of Wikidata, a long-time community member, a former staff member at Wikimedia Deutschland, and a former Trustee at the Wikimedia Foundation . We are very excited that Denny will bring his skills and expertise to work on this project alongside the Foundation’s product, technology, and community liaison teams.
It is important to acknowledge that this is an experimental project, and that every Wikipedia community has different needs. This project may offer some communities great advantages. Other communities may engage less. Every language Wikipedia community will be free to choose and moderate whether or how they would use content from this project.
We are excited that this new wiki-project has the possibility to advance knowledge equity through increased access to knowledge. It also invites us to consider and engage with critical questions about how and by whom knowledge is constructed. We look forward to working in cooperation with the communities to think through these important questions.
There is much to do as we begin designing a plan for Abstract Wikipedia in close collaboration with our communities. I encourage you to get involved by going to the project page and joining the new mailing list . We recognize that Abstract Wikipedia is ambitious, but we also recognize its potential. We invite you all to join us on a new, unexplored path.
Katherine Maher (Direktur Eksekutif, Yayasan Wikimedia)
Sent by m:User:Elitre (WMF) 9 Juli 2020 20.10 (UTC) - m:Special:MyLanguage/Abstract Wikipedia/July 2020 announcement
Kode Etik Universal (Universal Code of Conduct)[sunting]
Meneruskan pesan dari tim Trust and Safety WMF:
Dalam 19 tahun terakhir, para Wikimedian telah bahu-membahu membangun sumber daya pengetahuan bebas paling besar dalam sejarah umat manusia. Dalam waktu yang singkat, Wikimedia telah tumbuh dari sekelompok kecil penyunting menjadi sebuah masyarakat besar yang terdiri atas para editor, pengembang, mitra berafiliasi, pembaca, penyumbang, dan rekan kerja sama. Anda tentu menyadari bahwa untuk komunitas masih harus bekerja keras untuk bisa mewujudkan cita-cita Wikimedia, yang terejawantahkan pada pernyataan "bayangkan sebuah dunia di mana setiap orang dapat berbagi segala macam pengetahuan dengan bebas" (imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge).
Di sisi lain, komunitas Wikimedia masih belum memiliki panduan yang jelas dan mengikat untuk menciptakan sebuah lingkungan di mana pengetahuan bebas dapat dibagikan tanpa sebarang ketakutan. Untuk menciptakan hal itu, perlulah dijamin keamanan dan kenyamanan semua orang yang ingin berbagi pengetahuan secara bebas, sehingga dapat mendorong mereka untuk bergabung dan berkontribusi. Singkatnya, diperlukan sebuah panduan yang dapat membangun sebuah lingkungan yang inklusif, konstruktif, dan mendorong pembebasan pengetahuan.
Selama ini, telah ada perbincangan atas perlunya sebuah peraturan perilaku global yang mengikat seluruh komunitas Wikimedia. Dewan Pengawas Yayasan Wikimedia telah mengumumkan Community Culture Statement yang menjadi panduan untuk mencegah pelecehan dan menganjurkan inklusivitas di seluruh proyek Wikimedia. Sebagai pelaksanaan dari pernyataan tersebut, sebuah Kode Etik Universal (Universal Code of Conduct) akan diadakan sebagai standar minimum di seluruh proyek Wikimedia dan akan berlaku bagi para sukarelawan maupun staf Wikimedia di seluruh dunia. Kode Etik ini akan menjadi dasar pertimbangan dalam seluruh kegiatan di Wikimedia, baik itu pada tingkat proyek, kelompok, maupun perseorangan.
Mari berpartipasi dalam perbincangan mengenai Kode Etik Universal ini: apa yang mesti diatur dan tidak perlu diatur, bagaimana cara peraturan ini berkembang dan diterapkan, dan apa untung-ruginya bagi komunitas Wikimedia. Komunitas Anda adalah bagian dari Wikimedia, dan suara Anda amat berharga. Anda dapat memulai dengan membaca rancangan Kode Etik Universal dan membincangkannya di halaman diskusinya.
Agar lebih banyak anggota komunitas Wikimedia yang berpartisipasi, Anda dianjurkan untuk menerjemahkan rancangan Kode Etik Universal ke dalam bahasa Anda. Perlu dicatat bahwa jika halaman Kode Etik Universal tersebut belum diterjemahkan ke dalam bahasa Anda, usulan atau tanggapan dalam bahasa selain Inggris pada diskusi yang dimulai dengan bahasa Inggris akan tetap diterima.
Salam, David Wadie Fisher-Freberg (bicara) 14 Juli 2020 18.30 (UTC)
Technical Wishes: FileExporter and FileImporter become default features on all Wikis[sunting]
The FileExporter and FileImporter will become a default features on all wikis until August 7, 2020. They are planned to help you to move files from your local wiki to Wikimedia Commons easier while keeping all original file information (Description, Source, Date, Author, View History) intact. Additionally, the move is documented in the files view history.
How does it work?
Step 1: If you are an auto-confirmed user, you will see a link "Move file to Wikimedia Commons" on the local file page.
Step 2: When you click on this link, the FileImporter checks if the file can in fact be moved to Wikimedia Commons. These checks are performed based on the wiki's configuration file which is created and maintained by each local wiki community.
Step 3: If the file is compatible with Wikimedia Commons, you will be taken to an import page, at which you can update or add information regarding the file, such as the description. You can also add the 'Now Commons' template to the file on the local wiki by clicking the corresponding check box in the import form. Admins can delete the file from the local wiki by enabling the corresponding checkbox. By clicking on the 'Import' button at the end of the page, the file is imported to Wikimedia Commons.
If you want to know more about the FileImporter extension
or the Technical Wishes Project
, follow the links. --For the Technical Wishes Team:
Max Klemm (WMDE) 6 Agustus 2020 09.13 (UTC)